Sunday, June 13, 2010

Welcome

Welcome everyone! You have made it to the home of The Younger Bartender. A blog devoted to the path of me as I attempt one of my dreams, Bar-tending. This blog will follow my path from starting to learn about different spirits, the whole way to hopefully my future employment. Along the way I will do spirit and drink reviews. I will post drink recipes for some of the new drinks that I will invent along the way. And hopefully I will be able to start giving advice to other young bartenders wanting to do the same as me. So bookmark this blog and check back regularly because it will be changing daily.
First a little background information on why I have developed this dream of mine. It all started when I was a kid and watching my dad bartend at the little get togethers we would have. He was so graceful and professional at mixing his drinks and being able to make any drink that was asked of him. Like any young kid I wanted to be just like my father so i would set up my glasses and mix different juices and sodas together to be just like him. Well now i am 21 and can get a hold of all of those liquors (ok lets be honest, it's not like it is hard to get it before 21, but would I honestly be stupid enough to write this blog underage?) I have started bar-tending for my friends and have really been enjoying it. So now I am working on stocking my liquor cabinet and getting all the supplies needed for me to start working on this art. I have also been reading all I can on mixology and have started memorizing/sampling all the different classics I can. I have also invented a couple of mixtures of my own to fit my tastes buds. But this is only the beginning of an exciting journey for me. So check back soon as I will be updating this regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment